Brookside, Cranbrook Schools’ Lower Division, is seeking a full-time nurse. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessing and providing treatment for a variety of illnesses and injuries in a school setting,
- communicating with parents and faculty regarding a child’s health concerns and/or injuries
- dispensing medications per school policy,
- complying with state laws and school policies
- maintaining and operating an efficient health office
- provide documentation of care in EMR and MCIR
- partner with the other Brookside nurse and other divisional nurses as needed for student health care, school-wide health policies development and revision and wellness programming.
- Coordinate emergency training for faculty as needed.
The Brookside School nurse is also responsible for the development, implementation and timely revision of a full health education program for grades 1-5, including a 5th grade health and human development program.
Qualifications: Proof of active Michigan RN License required. Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in nursing; 2 years pediatric and/or school nurse experience preferred, as well as active BLS certification. A calm, reassuring and welcoming approach with students, faculty and parents, and effective communication skills are necessary. Strong physical assessment and decision-making skills are mandatory. Hours include M-F, 7:45 to 3:15 with periodic after school commitments. Some summer health record work may be needed.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and a completed Cranbrook Employee Application to: Cranbrook, Human Resources, P.O. Box 801, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48303-0801, or email email@example.com Our Application can be downloaded from the Employment page on our website at www.cranbrook.edu