Have you ever wished you could design your classroom so that children can thrive at their own ability levels? Do you gravitate toward working with small groups of children so that each child can succeed?
New Morning School, a K – 8 independent school, is seeking a certified math teacher for its multi-age, team-taught classroom of 20 middle school students, grades 6 – 8.
- The middle school teacher instructs students in mathematics through high school algebra. Wherever possible, a hands-on approach is used with manipulatives.
- The teacher instructs some language arts and social studies courses.
The program features small class sizes; hands-on, project oriented learning; and includes some student-initiated work.
- Academics are individualized so that each student is working at the appropriate pace.
The school embraces a culture of kindness and acceptance.
- Interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills are taught to give students the tools they need as they move forward.
The synergy happens when two teachers work together.
- Two teachers share the classroom of 20 students.
- It is a self-contained program except for gym, science and art.
- This fosters many opportunities for creative learning approaches.
Requirements include either a K – 8 or grades 6 – 12 teaching certificate with three years’ teaching experience.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying for this position. Email to NMS@newmorningschool.com.
Position begins: August 15, 2021
Job Type: Full-time