Academy of the Sacred Heart, established in 1851, is Michigan’s oldest independent school, offering a Catholic, college-preparatory education to girls (infant-Grade 12) and boys (infant-Grade 8) of many cultures and faiths. As part of an international network of schools, we are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart Schools. Known as the Goals and Criteria, these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
At the heart of our philosophy is the belief that each child possesses unique gifts. Our job is to unearth those gifts, nurture them, and empower each child of the Sacred Heart to share those gifts with the global community. Academy of the Sacred Heart is committed to being an equitable and inclusive community and seeks candidates who connect to our Mission and Goals.
The Director of Development is responsible for directing and implementing an organization-wide fundraising program, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors, alumni, and corporate, government, and foundation prospects for Academy of the Sacred Heart. Support will be sought for Academy programs, operations, endowments, and planned gifts. Additional obligations include event leadership and oversight.
- In conjunction with the Chief Advancement Officer, assist in developing short and long-term plans and strategies for all areas of fundraising.
- Lead the planning, execution, and evaluation of annual donor solicitations and acknowledgments and statistical reports and analysis.
- Establish effective relationships with and coordinate personal solicitations of individual donors, including ongoing identification, cultivation, and stewardship of major gift prospects, and engaging leadership volunteers, division leaders as appropriate.
- Lead the planning, design, and execution of any/all events associated with Academy of Sacred Heart fundraising.
- Lead the planning, execution, and evaluation of a successful and effective Academy of Sacred Heart alumni engagement program, serving as the Alumni Director.
- Manage the planned giving program for the Academy of Sacred Heart, including identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding existing and new donors.
- Involve, advise, and assist volunteer participation and provide training and staff support to such volunteers as needed.
- Maintain and upkeep professional relationships, competencies and best practices.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a field that would support success as a fundraiser.
- Five+ years of professional experience in fund development and relationship building.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high-level organizational skills, and ability to keep information confidential.
- Capability of working with major donors, high-level volunteers, and executive-level leadership.
- Experience using donor management software.
The School Network
Academy of the Sacred Heart is one of 25 schools in the U.S. and Canada Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school’s mission is to cultivate in our students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life.
The Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, partisan consideration, or any other class protected by State or Federal law in the administration of its educational policies, employment practices, admission policies, scholarship or tuition assistance programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
For additional information, and to apply, see https://www.ashmi.org/about-us/employment-opportunities.